I am a software engineer from Australia. I have lived in San Francisco for most of the last three years. I'm interested in data structures, physics, economics, and effective altruism.
Software to play with
Blog (All posts) (Best posts) (RSS)
- Cesar Chavez Day
- Why are less intelligent people more racist?
- Hash map implementations in practice
- Wild speculations on the balance of pain and pleasure
- A dynamic programming algorithm for the Gini coefficient
- Optimal resource allocation between manufacturing and research
- Advice on whether you should get a PhD in engineering
- Building a search engine for data structures
- Poor college graduates do much better than rich high-school dropouts
- Optimal redistribution with a flat tax
- Universal basic incomes disincentivise work
- The great thing about regressive taxes
- Contradictory claims in labor economics
- A mistake in the Cato institute report on risks from refugees
- Objecting to Holden Karnosfky's objections to EA
- Gini coefficient tool
- EA donation amounts
- Should we encourage price discrimination based on income?
- Printers and price discrimination